Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Hannah

So hard to believe but 2 years ago early this morning Hannah arrived in the world - how our lives have changed! What a miracle and blessing she is to us - I so love this stage where she is learning new words and loving her books and her brother - I just want to pause things here for a bit and enjoy them longer as I know they will be fleeting. We have had a birthday week going on. We had her birthday party last week. It was a bubble party - I handmade invitations which I think turned out well all around the bubble theme.
It was a hit! We invited over just a couple of friends for her so she wasn't too overwhelmed and it was perfect - wouldn't have had any other way for her. They all had lots of fun with the bubble machines and bubble blowing toys.
It was a rare moment to catch them all at the table at one place.
This is how Sam spent the majority of Hannah's party - sacked out on my back - he loves to be carried, loves me and loves to fall asleep once in the carrier.
In addition to the bubble theme - Hannah LOVES Hop-Hops (bunnies). She has an upstairs bunny (that leads to sucking her thumb) and a downstairs bunny that she takes just about everywhere (we only have one of these and I haven't been able to find a replacement so we better keep tabs on it :) ). Anyway since it is Easter season there are plenty of hop-hops around for Hannah to oogle. So I made her day when I made the centerpiece - birthday cupcakes to look like hop-hops - they were a big hit!! And quite tasty if I do say so myself (homemade cake and icing!)
Hannah received the hat a part of a dress from Nana and the sunglasses from her friend Caroline (or Line as she refers to her as) - she loves to wear the sunglasses around.
Nana made this cool table tent complete with mesh windows and doors at either ends - Hannah and Sam have already been inside enjoying some playing and books - I am sure there is going to be a lot of fun had with this in the years to come!
Hannah really enjoyed her cupcakes!! For a few days :)
You could tell she was enjoying them - she just used her fingers to take all the icing off then she ate the cake - my kinda girl.
These were pics from today - her actual birthday. Couldn't resist this pic of Sam - he looks like such a little man to me and love the froggy bottomed britches :)
Also couldn't resist this photo of the bums of 2 of my favorite guys.
As I mentioned earlier HopHop goes everywhere with Hannah and her she is with Hannah outside playing with her new tricycle. Notice the HopHop helmet as well - of course always to be worn while riding said tricycle. Although very faded Hannah is wearing her "Momma Sara" shirt - it is a Tshirt that I wore at a preschool growing up - it has a picture of me on it when I was about her age.
She was really enjoying her trike - in fact it was really hard to bring her back inside for the evening. Notice that HopHop isn't far away - tucked safely in the bucket behind her.
This is her birthday cake - an impromptu creation - Brent was going to make the traditional wacky cake (family recipe) and Hannah wanted pink icing with a HopHop - well I was out of the ingredients for the HopHop so I improvised with a little of the untinted icing a couple of craisins for eyes, raisin for a nose and maybe chives (not sure - something growing in the kitchen) for whiskers - turned out pretty well and Hannah loved it!
Yep - she enjoyed it alright! All in All a wonderful time of celebrating our special girl!

2 comments:

Great Aunt Vicki said...

Great pictures..happy times.. wonderful memories..beautiful family.Happy Birthday Hannah! Love to all..

Aunt Kelly said...

Sara you did such a good job on the cup cakes! :) It looks like it was super fun :) Yeay Hannah!