Today is certainly special b/c it is Christmas - it is also special b/c Sam turns 4 months old. We had a good day! My parents got in about 2:45am - yes that is AM - they came after their last Christmas Eve service. Our morning traditions are very special and it was great to have them here with us. We are carrying on the traditions of my childhood - that made Christmas magical and special - and I am not talking about Santa Claus. Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against St. Nick - it is just that I want us to remember why we are celebrating - so we woke up (and fed Hannah breakfast b/c she is one who needs to eat pretty much right away) - by the time she was done Mom and Dad were up. We then sat and Brent read the scripture from Luke about Christ's birth - using the same book we used growing up. Although truth be told it was a quick version as Hannah didn't want to sit still very well :) We then sang a Christmas medley compliments of Brent and then went into the room with the tree and presents. As we sat opening presents I was acutely aware how blessed we are - yes our finances aren't as great as they could be due to my 3 month maternity leave but we are so blessed compared to so many. Yes Hannah got some fun toys and gifts that will certainly be enjoyed but I was reminded that I want to raise grateful kids - kids that can appreciate what they receive no matter how large or small and also keep in mind those that aren't as blessed as we are. Developing that kind of attitude certainly is one developed over years and not overnight so Brent and I have a journey ahead of us :) One I am grateful to have!!
As I mentioned Sam turns 4 months - wow! - he is getting so big - he turned over for the first time Christmas Eve and I got to see him do it. Hannah turned over while I was in the kitchen one day but I was sitting next to Sam as he did it. We are anticipating that he will turn over the other way any day so watch out b/c I think he is about to become mobile :) Hannah continues to be so loving, kind, thoughtful and gentle with him. My prayer is that that continues and that they develop a wonderful, loving, nurturing relationship - again something that happens over time not over night.
Hannah is continuing to develop her vocabulary which is so cute to hear as I am sure any of you reading this know if you have or had little kids. Her cutest phrases are Moo Juice for milk and HopHop for her bunnies. And HopHop has to do everything Hannah does which is so cute :) She also knows what she wants and she likes cereal - or sureal as she calls it - I taped a short bit with her saying this b/c my Uncle Clayton talks about how I used to say that while spending time with Aunt Becky and him - I will post that especially for Uncle Clayton :)
Her self-potty training is going well also and I plan to help her finish the process sometime in Jan - very exciting to see her gain new skills.
That is all for now and I will post pics and even video soon so keep an eye out. Merry Christmas all!
1 comment:
So fun to read your post Sara! We are all so blessed, aren't we? and the christmas morning time sounds so very special!
Post a Comment