This blog is to share the goings-on of our life with Hannah and Sam. We hope you enjoy watching as they grow up.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Reconnecting
Well - it has been more than 2 years since I attended Sunday School - yep - more than 2 years! I stopped when Hannah was born b/c I never really figured out how to go for 2-3 hours during that particular time and disrupt her naps and feeding schedule. But now that Sam is back in nursery I decided it was time to go back. So today was the first try - we only did Sunday school as a test and will try both sunday school and service next week. For those of you reading this who think it isn't a big deal - well it is a challenge for me especially considering Brent isn't around to help of Sunday mornings b/c he has already left for church before the kids get up plus we have a bit of a hike to get there. So today we went and Hannah screamed for a couple of minutes (at least that I could hear as I left her in Sunday School for the first time) but she stayed the whole time! Yea for Hannah! I put her in the 2 yr old classroom which was full of mostly 3 year olds but think it will be good for her - she will stay in that room through next year so she will meet new friends that move into the 2yo room as the 3's move out. When I came back I realized I could have left her longer actually she had found a hophop book to read. I took her with me to get Sam who was fussy b/c he was hungry and Hannah could have stayed there longer as well b/c she loved the toys in his nursery room - so as long as I can get Sam fed I think we are golden to go for 2 things next week!! It is good practice for Hannah who will have preschool for 3 hrs in the fall. It is also good for me to feel like I am reconnected to the larger church community. I have been reluctant to get involved in this church - not b/c of the people - they are great! - but b/c of being burned by the previous church. Some would recommend that if your spouse works in the church to not go there at all but rather treat it like a job and find someplace else to worship with your family - although I certainly understand this having been burned by the last place (got involved and found some of those "nice Christian folks" weren't so Christ-like afterall) - I want to see Brent (and worship with him best I can) and I want the kids to see their Dad in his role. So until the Lord moves Brent to another place Brent's church is our church. Again the people are nice, the Word is preached well, the music rocks ;) and there are caring people very ready to take care of the kids. Part of me would like to be a fly on the wall with Hannah and Sam to see how they are, what they get to do and how the interact but then I remember that I need to grant them their wings of independence little by little and this is a first step. So Yea for today and we will see how the future weeks go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment