This blog is to share the goings-on of our life with Hannah and Sam. We hope you enjoy watching as they grow up.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Sweetness at night
Although I certainly love the hugs and excitedness when I come home after being at work and just the general happiness and sweetness of Hannah - I really enjoy at night. After we have gotten her ready for bed, read books, sang her her bedtime songs (currently Jesus Loves You, I Love You Truly and Happy Birthday (her request ;)) and tucked her in for the night she stays awake for quite a while talking. She has done this for a long long time - long before she could speak words she would coo and make noises as if she was telling her bunny all about her day - I remember saying I looked forward to when she could talk so we could hear what was going on in her mind. We can hear b/c of the monitor and it is so heart warming. She talks to her animals and she sings songs like Jesus Loves Me and just the other night she was reading Goodnight Moon. Bad policy or not we have started giving her a couple of books to take to bed with her and have cracked the blinds a little so she can see. She has several books memorized and one of them is Goodnight Moon - hearing her read this to her Hop Hops almost brought tears to my eyes it was so sweet. Some nights I would love to have a video monitor so I could see and tape her doing this but I think I will try to tape the listening monitor to capture the sweetness on the other side. I look forward to seeing how Sam is later - if he will be a night talker :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment