One day after preschool Brent joined a couple of other families for a lunch at the pumpkin patch across the street from the preschool. Ms.Maddy wasn't in this pic but I included it b/c it had most of the kids smiling :) Yes Sam is in his PJs - his class in school had PJ day all week - then on the last day Brent and I were able to join the class for a parent/child pancake snack - lots of fun! Both kids are having a great time. Seated in this picture are our buddies AnnaBelle, Kaitlyn and Sully.

So Halloween turned into a multi-day event. Sunday evening we got dressed up to go to a local church's trunk or treat. The kids enjoyed seeing the costumes and playing games and receiving candy. Hannah couldn't make up her mind about her costume - in the end we settled on a princess/ballerina/bunny. She has entered the princess phase, continues to love to dance and of course loves bunnies so this was perfect. The tutu was actually a hand-me-down from her cousin Avery - thanks Avery and Aunt Alicia! Sam wanted to be a cow for weeks - fortunately it was easy to do. I could have added ears but decided to skip that this year. And notice the cowboy boots - get it cow-boy ;)

And tonight - on Halloween - we started the day with a fun playdate with friends, complete with lots of toys, fun friends and sweet treats. Later we decided to try out the Fall Festival at the kids' preschool and it Rocked!! It brought up lots of fun memories. I have never been trick or treating - instead growing up my parents always seemed to have the church we were appointed to host a Fall festival which was lots of fun. We got to dress up, play games and collect candy - what is not to like?!?! Well I didn't know if we would find that again but I am pleased to say we have. It was a blast - the kids thought so too :) There was plenty of candy, games, prizes, cotton candy, snow cones, a photo booth and several bouncey houses/rides. They have done this on Halloween night for years - I will look forward to next year. Here is Sam sporting one of his chosen prizes - he is imitating Opa.

There was also someone doing balloon animals - Hannah's choice was a flower. Sam chose a cow - but they could only do a dog so this is a dog-cow.

No comments:
Post a Comment