Here is one of our seemingly large deer family that like to visit around our house - this is just across from our front yard. We have seen up to 8 deer at a time.

Here is Hannah while we were in the mountains - with my baby doll - I brought all of my stuffed animals out from storage and hope that Hannah will enjoy them - maybe some of those my age will remember these dolls - I have a couple of friends who say they had one very similar. My mom tells me they got this one for me b/c at the time I had blonde hair and blue eyes and so did it :) Now Hannah can share that as well.

What gorgeous views we had on our hike. .

Here are two cuties. . .

Hannah loves being outside and loves being in the backpack!

Here are Nonni, Opa and Layla also enjoying the hike - how quickly the views change - the clouds were moving quickly and no sooner had we clicked the picture above did the clouds roll in to obscure the views. . .

Here is another great view. . .

This past week I made a quick trip to visit a dear friend and her new baby - Amanda - boy how I have fogotten how much Hannah has grown. Amanda seemed SO small - but she was weighing a full 2 pounds more than Hannah weighed at birth. She was about 3 weeks old here. We certainly enjoyed our visit although it was too quick!

Hannah enjoyed looking at Amanda and really wanted to touch her - grab at her is more like it - so we tried to keep them at a distance. I hope to receive the photo of all of us together (hint hint ;) ) and I will post it for all to see what it is like to get 4 kids and 2 adults in a picture using a timer. Leslie certainly has her hands full with the addition of Amanda being #3. She is amazing!

While I was gone Brent was busy finishing the tree in Hannah's room. Okay so this is the 3rd time a tree was painted for Hannah - if you look at older posts you will see I had a change in mind about the first tree then we moved. This one is one to enjoy for a long while I hope. I LOVE IT!! It turned out so well I think. The butterflies you see are individual wooden butterflies we have affixed to the wall. They are painted by loved ones who have come to visit - we invite those that come to visit us to paint one so we can add it to her wall. I love it b/c it is like a piece of all of those that love her are surrounding her with reminders of their love!
2 comments:
I had that baby doll and called her "honey"! I love the fall photos!
What an awesome idea to have loved ones paint butterflies for Hannah's tree! I see Laura already commented on her "honey" who still resides in Laura's old bedroom. Perhaps she'll take the trip to China this year. Love the new blog.
Post a Comment