Saturday, February 21, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Boy when I went to the blog today and found it had been almost a month since I posted I was quite surprised! We have certainly been busy - here is a little about what has been going on. The first week in Feb I had to take a business trip and had to be away from home for 2 whole nights which was really hard as it was the longest I have been away from Hannah - she of course did well - with Brent and Nana caring for her but I was REALLY glad to see her and them when I got back!! I am fortunate though b/c unlike other moms I work with Hannah isn't able to talk yet and tell me she wants me home "right now" as they experienced. I will say the flight in the winter was beautiful - with snow all over the ground it was awesome to see the terrain so distinctly. I also had never seen ice on a lake like what I saw when we flew over Lake Michigan I believe. Also for those of you who know me I have HATED to fly!! In fact as recently as 2007 had to use Xanax for the trips but since Hannah's brith I have used some self-hypnosis CDs and it has been an amazing transformation!! I am not talking about "cluck like a chicken" stuff but rather deep relaxation tools - actually for those who might be interested we used the Hypno-babies relaxation techniques for Hannah's birth and I am still using the music and such from that - for anyone who gets nervous flying I would be happy to share however be aware there are some references to your "birthing experience" LOL !
Anyway we have certainly enjoyed watching Hannah continue to develop - it is amazing what a month does for a babies growth. She is now walking while holding on to our hands, climbing 1 stair, and practicing a head stand which I think is her practicing getting ready to stand-up - amazing! Today we got back from a quick visit to Brent's grandfather and his wife - Hannah was GREAT in the car and GREAT on the trip - she is such an angel! It was a good visit.
Lastly I would like to talk about our newest addition to the family - his name is Edgar and he is quite friendly and cute! Brent's sister's family was gracious to give us 1 of 3 cats they recently got. He is a Bombay which is a cross between a Burmese and an American short hair for those that know cats. The breed is supposed to be very kid friendly and well tempered. We have certainly found this to be the case. He has played with Hannah and Hannah is playing with him - it is adorable to see her jiggle the cat toy around for him which he enjoys playing with. Momma Kitty however isn't as enamored with him but we know that will come. We look forward to having him grow up with Hannah - I will certainly post some pics soon of the 2 of them.
I promise not to wait so long to post another update - in fact I would say to keep checking back as we will have a new post sometime this week I imagine!

2 comments:

laura said...

I am so glad you posted! But i do miss seeing updated photos :) Hannah is changing so fast - wow!

And I wish I had time to get nervous on airplanes, but actually they don't really bother me. Plus, of course, with little kids, I hardly have time to think about much other than your basic 'damage control' issues - you know, "no kicking the seat in front of you", "no throwing the inflight meal on the floor", "no using the seatback tray to pinch your sister's fingers", etc. JOY!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Can't wait to hear form you later in the week! and See more Pictures of the cat and SUCH! Love you guys!!!