Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big Day!

So today has been a big day - I wanted to first say that I don't remember an inauguration that I have been more interested in. It was so cool to see millions of people want to be present for the event - no matter what your political views it was a cool sight, in fact it gave me chills. I realize I am a Christian first and citizen of my country second - I was proud to be an American - to live in a country where we have the freedom to choose our leader, and also have the freedom to voice disagreement as we choose our leader, to be able to witness the exchange of power in a peaceful manner, where the choice is not coerced - it is cool to live in a democracy.

Today also we had a surprise - lots of snow. In the following is a series of pics that you can look through. This was Hannah's first real snow shower - much more than the 1 snowflake I photographed her near in early November - if you remember from the blog. She wasn't quite sure what to think about it but we thought it was very cool! We had 8 inches - crazy! We haven't seen that in years. It was beautiful while it was falling and beautiful after when the sun peeked out and made everything glisten. There is a pic below of a patch of leaves in the snow and then the next one has a couple of patches of leaves - we think this is where deer were sleeping - so cool :) We helped Hannah do a snow angel - much to her chagrin but it was great. I couldn't help but get involved, making my own snow angel, sitting in the snow and I even rolled down our hill - I look forward to when Hannah is old enough to enjoy these things as well. We all took a walk in the afternoon around town - catching some great images of our town in the snow. Hope you enjoy - it is a rare treat for us.

















1 comment:

laura said...

Wow! It IS beautiful! I love all the photos and the snow angel Hannah made is so cute :)

love and miss you
Laura