Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update

Well we had the level 2 ultrasound today and it was cool b/c they were able to get an okay 4D picture of his face - we didn't have any of those for Hannah - boy is it cool what you can see on ultrasound! Anyway when they ran the measurements the abdomen was 22% and all the other measurements were in the 30s and 40s. So he might be on the small side but he is proportional. The specialists said they aren't recommending another ultrasound but that b/c of Hannah's history my OB may request another ultrasound later. They estimate that he weighs 2 lbs 5oz right now - always feel better when he will be over 3 pounds! It was cool b/c I got a semi-good 4D picture of his face - he wasn't in the best position - boy is it cool what you can see on ultrasound!! Will keep you posted!

In other news Hannah has had her first "real" fever. She was a little fussier than normal today and her sleep schedule was off yesterday. For some reason I decided to check her temp today around 1 and found is 1 to be 102.8. She didn't have any symptoms other than that. Can I tell you how hard it is to check your own child's ears by yourself - From the quick peak I got they didn't look terrible. So b/c she didn't have other symptoms I gave her some motrin and called to get an appt (b/c I don't treat my own family). We took her in and the NP who saw her felt she might be developing an ear infection - not wanting to overdo antibiotics I took the script but the NP and decided I would hold it unless Hannah got worse - well tonight her temp was 104.2 so she is now on antibiotics for the first time in her life and on more motrin - so we will see how her night goes - she hasn't shown much difference in her demeanor though - she scarfed down some watermelon today and drank her normal milk and yogurt - so we will see - please keep her in your prayers - I will give more updates as they are available.

Have a great week!

No comments: