Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Little Dude's latest news

So we had an ultrasound today to check the little guy's measurements b/c Hannah had some growth issues inutero. And sure enough this little guy has a head that is rating at 75%, a femur that rates at 70% but an abdomen that is measuring at 8.5% - so this is similar to what Hannah measured like - a good sized noggin and femur and a small tummy. Just to be on the more cautious side we will be having a Level 2 - more in depth ultrasound this week to take a closer look. I would just continue to ask for prayers that all is well and that it is just that Brent and I make kids with lots of room for brains and a skinny tummies :). Everything else is looking good. Today he was head down which makes sense b/c I can certainly feel him kicking me near my ribs! Still working on a name - we have some up with strong contestants but still need to live with them for a while before we decide. Being the planner that I am I can't imagine waiting until the hospital to make the final assessment but we may be there :)

Hannah is doing well - walking much more proficiently - in fact yesterday she found herself able to stand up by herself in the middle of the floor instead of having to crawl to the nearest object to pull herself up - although she only seems to be able to do this when she is trying to carry toys and isn't thinking about the fact that she is standing up b/c without the toys she gets frustrated and needs to crawl to an object for support. She is loving the summer fruits of blueberries and watermelon!

More later . . .

No comments: