Tuesday, October 20, 2009

8 Weeks

Wow - time flies - Sam is 8 weeks old today! He is growing and changing all the time - most recently he is being more vocal - such sweet sounds he makes. I love is laughs (even while sleeping) and grins - they light up his face. I tried to post pics but had an error for some reason so I will post this text and try the pics later. We can't use his coming home outfit to compare his growth because he doesn't fit into anymore. But I am still laying him side by side with Hannah. One thing I am really enjoying is seeing the love Hannah is developing for him. When I post the pics it will be evident - I caught some sweet moments of her kissing him and hugging him spontaneously. Now her love is also expressed in sharing. Today she tried to share her animals by piling them on top of him while he was sleeping in the swing - you could barely see his head poking out but he slept through it. She also tried to share by trying to "feed" him a pretzel by poking him in the eye with it and he slept through that as well. We will certainly need to work on her about not feeding him - no choking please! But really her heart is so good and she is generally gentle in her own way.
I am also loving seeing her personality develop. She is one that sits back and observes before jumping in. We had her in a music class (a let's get together and sing and dance around the room together kinda class) - she just sat in my lap mostly and watched and took it all in. She did help put toys away so I know she was listening, but again taking it in. She is expressing herself more now with her words which is also wonderful - it makes me teary on the inside hearing her speak he sweet words - her list so far is - hot, momma (for momma kitty), house, bible, Jesus, woof-woof, meow, baa (I am sure there are others I am forgetting). Yesterday she added Ananana which I think is her saying her name and Nan for Nana who she had been "talking" to on the phone. We read books so much - she prefers them often times to her toys - and she is taking in all the stories - I am sure the speech is just going to start pouring out of her.
Although I certainly am not wishing time to pass too quickly - I look forward to seeing Sam's personality develop and seeing them as they can start to play with each other! What a blessing this is to be their parents!

1 comment:

Aunt Alicia said...

Great pictures-- wish it was Thanksgiving this week so we could leave today to come join in the fun!!! ^-^