Caroline - " Isn't this a cool pumpkin - look there is a light inside"
"Nice Ladybug"
"I like your costume too - what cool wings you have!"
"I think we make a great pair"
It was quite warm out so after pictures we took Hannah's Ladybug coat off and found her looking longingly into the house at the toys she enjoys playing with when we get together with Caroline - doesn't she look like the cutest thief - all we need is a ski-mask ;)
After our time with our friends we headed to a local church who was having a fall festival. Boy did we find a treat - there is an old bridge that is now only for pedestrians nearby. We learned that every year people get together near the bridge to carve pumpkins on Halloween - then they illuminate them and line the bridge on both sides with the creations - it was awesome to see the designs - some simple and some very extravagant! I know what we will be doing next year. After looking at the pumpkins we went to the church festival and Hannah had fun "playing" bean bag toss and going fishing for treats. This reminded me of what I did growing up - although I never went trick or treating we always had a fall festival to go to with all sorts of games and costumes and candy. I look forward to making this a tradition for our family.
Last year Hannah and I greeted trick or treaters from our front door - we never left the neighborhood. This year after making our visits we entered the neighborhood during the prime time for kids to be out. I had heard people talk about how our neighborhood was a destination for so many but had NO idea!! I am not exaggerating when I say there were AT LEAST 100!! cars parked outside the entrance and up the main street and cul-de-sacs to our neighborhood. It was quite a sight - hundreds of kids and their parents were making their rounds. It took us 10 minutes to make the .9 miles drive back to our house. The funny thing was that when you made it 1/2 way down our street (that is a dead end) there were hardly any kids - and we only had 3 families ring the bell the rest of the night so needless to say we have plenty of candy left. I would say the houses at the front of the neighborhood must have to buy bulk for all the kids out - truly a sight to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment