My absence from blog writing is obvious but I hope to be able to recommit and begin anew. I wanted to quickly make a note so that I capture this time in our lives and don't forget.
Hannah and Sam have started to play with each other in earnest and it is heart warming and awesome to see! They spend quite a bit of time pretend playing. It started as Hannah being the "princess" and Sam being the "prince" with adventures in castles and especially boats. The "boats" have been boxes, plastic file boxes or the trundle under Hannah's bed. This pretend play is often directed by Hannah but Sam is a happy and willing participant. They have also played as Hannah being "littlest one" and Sam being "papa" in tents and sleeping bags. Most recently (as in this morning while I type this) they are playing with Hannah serving as "momma whale" and Sam serving as "baby whale" - with blankets off their beds, pretending to swim and making noises as if they are blowing from their spouts :). When we talk to them during their pretend play they ask that we refer to them by their pretend names. It is all very cute - I love this phase, knowing it will quickly pass in the whole scheme of things but I want to enjoy it as much as possible. It also goes to show as many toys as we have their imaginations are the best entertainment they have!
No comments:
Post a Comment