Growing up there were plenty of memories going to KY to visit family, but there are also plenty of memories visiting my Great Uncle Tom and Great Aunt Kathleen in Selma as well. I have fond memories of times spent in the living room with my second cousins as well as swinging on the rope swing out back. I also fondly remember stopping by often to visit while I was going to undergrad and traveling home through the area - hearing about their travels and what was going on with my 2nd cousins and their families! I also enjoyed seeing their yard - so well landscaped and inviting.
I have recently reconnected with several and have enjoyed more visits. Most recently we were invited to the bridal shower for one of these cousins. It was a great time to see everyone and to meet some new-to-me faces. Part of the fun was also re-introducing the fondly remembered swing to the kids. As you can see they had a very good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment