How do you/have you incorporated scripture into the everyday/ordinary lives of your children (esp very young children) outside of church and ss? I am looking for creative and/or simple ideas. We sing songs and read books but I am looking for some other ideas . . .
5 comments:
there are two Steve Green CDs called "hide em in your heart" that we love. I also heard that "seeds family worship" has something similar.
We also use a pack of memory verses from children desiring god called "foundation verses" - we used to be really good at doing these a lot, but I've slacked off this past year. Hoping to get back into it.
There is also a book called "don't make me count to three" and it has an idea regarding using scripture to correct, reprove and discipline. Some of my friends have the companion poster or something like that... I just found it on amazon. called "wise words for moms". I took the basic idea and made my own chart and hung it our kitchen for quick reference.
looking forward to seeing what other people say! this question makes me determined to pull out our memory cards and get cracking!
One of my friends bought some special window markers (I think they are Crayola) and wrote scripture on her window. She has large windows and they look beautiful. It's a great reminder while she is eating breakfast.
Good ideas- @Laura I checked out the verses mentioned and the don't make me count to 3 - I think I will order that book and think about the cards too. @Leslie - we are painting the side of our pantry - the magnetic paint went up Saturday night and the chalkboard paint is going up tomorrow so I was thinking about writing a verse a week up there. Love the ideas! I posted this question on Facebook too and will see what turns up - I knew I had some creative friends :)
ok, so i want to know more about chalkboard paint. i keep seeing it in magazines and it seems really cool. can you post about it?
those window crayons are crayola, and we have some. they tend to crumble - so I think it's a great idea for mom to use to decorate windows, or you could have your kids use them, but only on windows near no carpet, cause that stuff makes a mess when the crayon starts crumbling :) not that it happened to me or anything.... he he he
I will post more when we try it out - seemed like a really cool idea - there are actually recipes online for making your own - although I was too chicken to try it on this first project - it was painted early this am when Brent couldn't sleep and has to cure for 24 hours so I will know more in the coming days. Supposedly in making your own or certain kinds it can be tented to whatever color you would like - when I post pics you will see ours is typical black. More to come - thanks for the tips on the window markers.
Post a Comment