This blog is to share the goings-on of our life with Hannah and Sam. We hope you enjoy watching as they grow up.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Fall/Winter of Illness Hopefully Over
As much as I have taken great pains for us to remain healthy this season it seems to be out of my hands. In November Hannah caught a virus (maybe even H1N1) we think at the Halloween festival at a local church and passed it on to Sam that then turned into meningitis. In December a child in Hannah's music class sneezed on Hannah, Sam and myself which led to us all (plus Nana and Granddaddy) catching a cold. At the end of December/beginning of January Nonni and Opa shared a virus with us that hit Brent first then hit Sam and turned into an ear infection and a gruesome case of pinkeye and finally hit me - boy did it hit me. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia at the end of last week and had to go on my first course of antibiotics since undergrad! But they worked and I am thankfully feeling much better! Brent was then put on a round for his cold that had turned into a sinus infection. So as much as I tried and have sacrificed not going to play groups, church etc in order to keep us healthy it just goes to show we can still be sick :( My prayer though is that we are done with the sickness this season (although we aren't at the end of the flu season quite yet and will still not be going to church nursery or play group). As we are getting well I look forward to taking some time to share some of the funny times and events the kids have been sharing of late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment