Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sam is his own person

It is cool to see Sam gain new skills and abilities and notice how different he is from Hannah. Although he looks similar to his sis at his age he is much more active. He is much more of a forceful grabber than Hannah ever was - he grabs for toys, faces, HopHop, really anything he can get his hands on. I bet we have to do a better job of kid-proofing stuff b/c I have a feeling he is going to be into more stuff than Hannah has been. I also am anticipating him being more mobile sooner than Hannah but only time will tell. He is also different from his sister b/c he still is not sleeping through the night. Although it appears to be a trend in second kids b/c I have 2 friends who have 2nd children only months older than Sam and they aren't sleeping through the night either :(. For better or for worse we are going to start him on solids on Monday which will be his 5 month birthday - it is a month earlier than Hannah but again he is watching us eat and pulling at the food and/silverware - I am hoping it will help him really sleep through the night! I recognize that Hannah spoiled us by sleeping through the night at 6 weeks but it is okay. Although I would really like a full night's sleep I don't want to wish this time away b/c he is growing so fast as is Hannah - hard to believe she will be 2 in less than 2 months!!

No comments: